Thursday, May 4, 2017

One Room Challenge Week 5 Office Makeover Update

Week 5 

WOW, WOW, WOW, is all I can say! A little in shock that I actually have only a few days left for everything to be photographed on Monday for the final reveal next Thursday. Also, WOW at how far this room has come from the beginning. This week the rug was delivered and I am so loving it! I am so excited I went with the one with more colors because they work great with the grey walls, my bright colored collection of books, and the current flooring. A big thank you to my husband for helping me vacuum and put the rug down! 



I also FINALLY finished the sorting and organization of all my books. As Ched says "It's the BBDS" aka the "Bec-Bec Decimal System". It's organized perfectly for my needs and I LOVE finally having all my books in one place (shelves continue into the hall for all the other subjects). 




LIGHT!!! WE HAVE LIGHT!!! The lighting installation started off a little rocky with a box full of chandelier crystals and no instructions. After stepping away for a good night's rest, we were able to complete the task and now have this glam fixture!! THANK YOU AGAIN, CHED!!! 










Consolidate, Consolidate, Consolidate!
As a child my mother and grandmother were big fans the consolidate method for cleaning up or completing a task. I finally took their advice and have consolidated most of the styling accessories and items in one spot of the room. Hopefully this make things much easier for completion! 



We have had few changes in our original game plan, so make sure you join us next Thursday for our big reveal!!!!


Don't forget to check out all the other amazing ORC Guest Participants.




~xx




 

design + development by kiki and co