Thursday, April 20, 2017

One Room Challenge Week 3 Office Makeover Update

Week 3

Rug, lamps, drapes, OH MY!


We are at the halfway mark in the Calling It Home Spring One Room Challenge and frankly my head is beginning to spin!
Everything is on order or in process of completion; so I feel like I am in a holding pattern for a free fall! Yikes!

I cannot begin the bookshelves or styling of anything until my rug gets here, so now it's a waiting game watching the tracking numbers.


I found this fabulous rug from RugsUSA to cover that horrible industrial carpet. Hey, it's a long term rental so no major floor makeover happening here!  

I did hang the drapes, I was lucky enough to be able to reuse some hot pink Premier Fabric panels I had made for a past Mistletoe Marketplace booth Talk about reuse, reduce, recycle!

 


These fabulous blanc de chine Asian figure lamps came from a local auction house. The black shades need to be a better size but you get the idea. As my wondrously talented grandmother, M.V. Davis, said "something with an Asian influence should always be included in your decor."


 



I did pick up a few accessories and needed office supply items this week. Talk about total procrastination, but pretty things make me happy!! Tomorrow is another day or so Scarlett says.


These dry erase boards will be hung on the back of the door. Love that pink!

 

It took me forever to find a cork/memo board; who knew cute reasonable ones were so hard to find! This one from Hobby Lobby will be perfect once it is rubbed with more gold. How could I pass up this canvas of these gold leafed lips; when my entire store wouldn't be without my Mama, lipstick and a dream!!
 


Join me next week, as I update storage options with new hardware, work on comfortable seating, and finalize my workspace setup! 

Meanwhile check out all my other talented friends here!

 
~xx
Rebecca

 

design + development by kiki and co