Thursday, April 13, 2017

One Room Challenge Week 2 Office Makeover

Week 2

What a week! So grateful for amazing family and friends who have helped with the progress.
Since we don't have extra room to move all the items staying in the room out, we are having to work around them.

We have painted!!! I decided to go with Flannel Grey by Behr in satin finish for the walls and ceiling and in semi-gloss for the trim, doors and bookcases!! 





Lots of sorting and removal has happened, but lots more to go!
Using the JOY vs. NO JOY method of sorting. 

We rescued these bookshelves from my childhood playhouse and repainted them the glossy grey color to match the trim. 

The shelves fit perfectly along one of the half walls to hold all my floral, event, and etiquette reference books. All other books will be moved to shelves in the outer hallway. 




There is no remaining evidence of their past lives in my mother's classroom's "Garden of Reading"
!
 


 I picked up these chairs at a local high school tag sale fundraiser. 
Don't they just scream old Morrison's Cafeteria chairs to you??


I think they will be perfect with a coat of gold paint, black and white cabana striped fabric, and a monogram on the back of each. 








I also finally found the perfect light fixture from Home Depot. I think it will add just the right amount of GLAM! Isn't it so much better than the before! 






Lots of progress has been made, now I am on to more sorting and cleaning out, painting and recovering chairs, installing light fixture, deciding on lamps, accessories, and drapes. Lots of fun but hard work ahead of us. I am trying to do this make over on a small budget so I can splurge on some extras. I also need to figure out some way to disguise that horrible carpet!! Thank you for following along and I hope you will check out the other guest participants in the One Room Challenge

See you next Thursday! 
~xx
Rebecca 



 

design + development by kiki and co